CONSTRUCTION DESIGN AND BUILD TECHNICIAN LEVEL 4 (ST0043)
The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Design and Build Technician and typical job titles can include Assistant Design Co-ordinator or Design and Build Co-ordinator. In the case of SME construction companies, the roles are likely to include Design Co-ordinator or Design Manager. They are associated with the co-ordination of design information on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Design and Build Technician are:
- Identification of client requirements in construction projects
- Identification of health and safety risks in the design of projects
- Checking of compliance with regulations on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Assisting architects with the development of detailed design on a construction project
- Co-ordinate design information on a construction project
- Monitoring of quality on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
An ideal progression route from the Level 3 Design & Draughtsperson Apprenticeship.
The skills the apprentice will develop:
- Assessment and presentation of client requirements
- Implement the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Develop detailed designs
- Prepare and present design proposals and solutions to meet client requirements
- Control document production and co-ordinate design information
- Inspect and report on quality standards
- Assist in commissioning of finished construction projects
- Understand financial and legal constraints and the importance of cost control
The knowledge the apprentice will gain in:
- Construction Practice and Management
- Construction technology
- Legal & statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Identify, define, plan, develop and execute a successful project
- Measurement & Estimating
- Understand factors that affect design
- CDBT Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Level 4 HNC Construction and the Built Environment – Day release in Barnsley or remote delivery
- End Point Assessment – Project, Interview & Online Test
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours typically required to achieve Technician status or the equivalent with the industry’s recognised professional bodies. The final assessment process for this Apprenticeship will typically be representative of the review process required for professional registration.
The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £9,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into your account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £450 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.
5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths