CONSTRUCTION SITE ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN LEVEL 4 (ST0046)
The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Site Engineering technician and typical job titles can include: Assistant Site Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Civil Engineering Technician or Construction Site Technician. In the case of SME construction companies, the roles are likely to include Site Engineer, Civil Engineer or Project Engineer. They are associated with the dimensional control and application of engineering solutions on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Site Engineering Technician are:
- Dimensional control of construction projects
- Assisting design teams with civil engineering solutions on construction projects
- Supervision of specialist contractors
- Contribute to the control of health and safety on construction projects
- Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
- Contribute to the minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Control the quality of works on a construction project
- Health & Safety
- Engineering Principles
- Construction Management
- Planning and Organising Work
- Monitoring Quality
- CSET Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Level 4 HNC in Construction and the Built Environment – Day release in Barnsley or remote delivery
- End Point Assessment – Presentation, Structured Interview & Written Report
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Technician status with the Institution of Civil Engineers (EngTech MICE). The Technician Professional Review process for EngTech MICE is included in the end-point assessment process for this Apprenticeship and will lead to the designatory letters EngTech MICE and the status of Engineering Technician.
The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £9,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into your account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £450 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority
Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.