(ST0265) – Pre-cast Concrete Pathway
This occupation is found in the construction sector. On site assembly of manufactured components is a rapidly growing part of the construction sector, representing 15% of the market in 2018. Projects include; infrastructure, residential, commercial, retail, healthcare, education, rail, prisons and leisure. Structures and components are manufactured in factories and then transported to the construction site, ready for location, connection and finishing.
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with team colleagues and supervisors as well as those from other organisations such as main contractors, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, plant operators, drivers, Health and Safety Executive representatives, Environment Agency, site managers, construction managers and other trades.
An employee in this occupation will be responsible for the assembly and installation of manufactured components to agreed design specification and tolerance. This includes the safe handling, moving, installing and finishing to specification and within deadlines under the guidance of senior team colleagues or a supervisor depending on the size of the organisation.
- Health & Safety
- Read, interpret and comply with information from BIM Models, drawings and specifications.
- Safe working techniques for moving, lifting and handling pre-assembled, manufactured elements
- align the installation into position according to specifications, drawings, models including digital equipment e.g. laser levels, theodolites, Global Positioning Systems
- Carry out dimensional checks of the slab and mark up positions e.g. starter bars and rails according to specifications and drawings.
- Erect components such as panels, large format block work, staircases, columns, flooring, lintels and pods according to specifications and drawings.
- Install propping and other temporary works such as edge protection as per specifications and drawings.
- Carry out structural connections using items such as, rebar, strand, grout and specialist fixings as per specifications and drawings.
- Carry out finishing works and installation of the ancillary items such as window formers, cavity trays and insulation products.
- CAIO L2 – Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Specialist Training programme – Block release
- Slinger and Signaller CPCS A40 Level 2 (Mandatory Qualification)
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge test (Multiple Choice), Observation with Questioning & an Interview underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
Start Date: Anytime – Roll on, roll off
Career progression could include:
- Design & Draughtsperson
- Digital Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Site Engineer
The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £13,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered
via your contributions into your account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards
the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be
£650 (Payment Plans are available).
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local
authority or has been in the care of their local authority
5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths