Want to find out more? — Get in touch!


This occupation is found in and throughout the construction and built environment sector, including construction contracting and associated supply chain subcontractors. Construction Contracting Operations Technicians operate in a range of settings including estimating, planning, buying, site, quantity surveying and design and build roles. Site and office environments include industrial, commercial, residential, refurbishment, heritage, retail, and public sector projects. They may be employed by large contracting organisations such as major national housebuilding contractors and civil engineering contractors, as well as a significant number of small and medium sized contractors and subcontractors such as building services companies, insulation contractors, groundworkers, roofing companies, plasterers, and decorators together with a host of other specialised construction areas.

An employee in this occupation will be responsible for supporting construction contracting teams with the inputting and progression of digital project information linked to resources using industry standard and specialist software in office and site environments. They will develop key information and enhance timely interaction with professional site and technical teams from internal and external organisations, linked to projects either at development, construction, or maintenance phases.

Additional information

Skills & knowledge the apprentice will develop


  • Construction principles, mathematical and technical skills
  • Health and safety
  • Communication
  • Contracts, tendering and procurement
  • Digital construction
  • Plan, carry out and manage own work
  • Sustainability
  • Information technology
  • Continuing professional development


  • Construction principles, mathematical and technical knowledge
  • Health and safety
  • Communication
  • Contracts, tendering and procurement
  • Digital systems and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
  • Equality and diversity
  • Surveying
  • Professional bodies, codes of conduct and ethics
  • Data security

How will I learn & what qualifications will I gain?

  • Construction Support Technician- Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – delivered in the workplace
  • Specialist Training Programme Blocks of your choice 
  • End Point Assessment
    • Technical report with Question-and-Answer session
    • Professional interview with a portfolio of evidence

Duration of the Apprenticeship

24 months

Start Date:
Anytime – Roll on, roll off

Professional Recognition and Career Progression

Apprentices that complete this apprenticeship could progress into roles such as:

  • Civil Engineer
  • Digital Engineer
  • Design and Draughting Engineer

How much will it cost and incentives

The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £11,000. 

Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into your account. 

Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%.  Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £550 (Payment Plans are available).

If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:

  • 16 to 18
  • 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority

Entry Requirements

5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths

We have much planned for the future, working with great clients and continued development. Keep checking back for more details.

Copyright © 2021 T3 Training

Powered by The Marketing Hub Limited 

Privacy Policy        Terms

Environmental Policy

Product Enquiry