CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST LEVEL 3 (ST0071)
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. As an expert in your organisation’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environments including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point.
You will learn:
- Business focused service delivery
- Customer journey knowledge
- Knowing your customer needs
- Customer service culture
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenges
- Product & service knowledge
- Positive customer experience
- Customer Services Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Online ‘Get to Gateway’ learning platform from City & Guilds
- End Point Assessment – Practical Observation with Q&A, Work based project & Professional Discussion
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level. Should you choose to progress on a customer service career path, you may be eligible for further professional membership including management.
The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £4,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into your account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £200 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice
Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.
5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths