DIGITAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN LEVEL 3 (ST0266)
The occupation covered by this standard is associated with the built environment where an apprentice will perform the role of Digital Engineering Technician.
The role is to produce detailed solutions to achieve the optimum performance of built environment projects via digital models and presentations using software, sketches, and electronic visualisations. The apprentices will typically support Digital Engineers or other functional specialists in completing complex tasks using digital engineering techniques, specifically:
- virtualisation and simulation of design, construction, and management of assets
- digital measurement of design, production, and management of assets
- communication of complex engineering principles to stakeholders digitally
- integration of construction data and information throughout the whole life cycle of the asset
- adherence to the standards and regulation of digital information
The conclusion of Digital Construction/Engineering Fundamentals will leave the Learner with knowledge of BIM and the type of data that can be contained within a BIM model and its use throughout the project lifecycle. It will provide hands on training so that the learner can create a BIM model and manipulate, review and manage external models. Learners will also develop an understanding of design control and workflows including a practical workshop showing how this will be managed using BIM tools to appropriate Standards.
- Digital Engineering Technician Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – delivered in the workplace
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Built Environment Design.
- Level 3 BTEC in Construction and the Built Environment – Day Release or Remote Delivery
- Specialist Training Programme Blocks of your choice
- End Point Assessment – Practical and Structured Interview
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Technician/Associate status through the following professional institutions. The professional review process is included in the assessment process for this Apprenticeship. The options are:
- Associate Construction Manager (ACIOB) – The Chartered Institute of Building
- Civil Engineering Technician (EngTech TMICE)- The Institution of Civil Engineers
- Building Services Engineering Technician (EngTech LCIBSE) – The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Associate Technician (AIET) – The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Affiliate status- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
Progression from the Level 3 Apprenticeship could lead to Construction Design Manager, Construction Quantity Surveyor, Construction Site Manager, and Civil Engineering Site Manager. This standard has been designed to deliver sufficient competence, underpinning knowledge, and understanding in the identified job role to allow apprentices to meet the requirements of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) or other industry affiliated schemes.
The full cost of this apprenticeship is £21,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into the account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £1050 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority
Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice
Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.