To gain an understanding about BIM (Building Information Modelling) and the associated standards and publications.
To be able to operate Revit and produce structural drawings, details and schedules from modelled components which include foundations, floor plans, walls, columns, beams etc. You will also be able to modify components, materials etc to suit specific design requirements.
By the end of the course the attendees will be able to insert CAD, Revit & IFC files into Revit and also export robust IFC’s to enable interface with other software.
- What is BIM and the associated standards
- Launch Revit and start a new project
- Understand shortcut keys and ribbons
- Inserting and modifying components such as foundations, columns, beams, walls, slabs
- Creating plans, sections, views and callouts
- Creating drawings
- Adding dimensions and text to drawings and details
- Creating schedules for components within the model
- Naming conventions in line with BS 1192
COST AND DURATION
Location: Barnsley or on site (depending on numbers)
Time: 3 Days Delivery 9.00am – 4.30pm