Design and Draughting
Structural Engineering Technician
BIM Technician Draughtsperson
2 ½ Year Apprenticeship programme
Specialist Training programme
Level 3 in Design and Draughting
Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment
You can then progress on to a Higher Apprenticeship, HNC or Foundation Degree
A design and draughtsperson produce designs and drawings for all the components used in industrial and commercial construction.
Engineering design is needed in the modern world and is all around us. Whether its developing buildings, bridges, power stations, underground tunnels or components for engineering systems, every part of our existence is subject to change, development and improvement.
The essential skills of Computer Aided Design using modern software and advanced technologies to design and create are part of the training and development involved in this role.
What is involved?
The skills you will develop:
- Create technical drawings to specifications and draughting conventions
- Develop design options as solutions to construction engineering problems
- Think innovatively and communicate effectively
- Communicate design information to internal and external parties
- Complete designs, produce and handover the final design package
The knowledge you will gain in:
- Understand technical drawings and specifications
- Health & Safety and environmental implications
- Interpret technical information
- Understand factors that affect design
Our training programmes
More than 100+ learners currently on programme