SURVEYING TECHNICIAN LEVEL 3 (ST0332)
The occupations covered by this standard are associated with surveying technicians acting on behalf of clients or employers in an assistant capacity. The types of surveying technician included are:
- Building Surveying Technicians
- Commercial Property Surveying Technicians
- Residential Property Surveying Technicians
- Land Surveying Technicians (including rural, minerals and waste management and planning and development)
- Valuation Surveying Technicians
- Consultant (Professional) Quantity Surveying Technicians
- Consultant (Professional) Project Management Technicians
The main duties and tasks of a Surveying Technician are:
- To collect information from inspections or visits to buildings, land, and construction sites
- To take appropriate measurements of buildings, land, or plans
- To meet with other professionals, clients, customers, and others to obtain and provide information relating to land, property, or construction
- To collect and record data relating to land, buildings, or construction for technical use
- To manage work tasks relating to the area of practice
- To undertake costings and/or measurements and/or valuations using data collected from research
- To ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others
The learner will be trained in all aspects of surveying such as:
- Data Collection
- Construction Technology
- Surveying Technician Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Level 3 Diploma in Surveying – Day Release or Remote Delivery
- Specialist Training Programme Blocks of your choice
- End Point Assessment – Portfolio of Evidence, a case study and work experience report
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
The apprenticeship will provide the necessary knowledge skills and behaviours for successful apprentices to become Associate members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
The full cost of this apprenticeship is £9,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into the account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £450 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority
Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice
Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.
5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths