Want to find out more? — Get in touch!


The occupations covered by this standard are associated with surveying technicians acting on behalf of clients or employers in an assistant capacity.  The types of surveying technician included are:

  • Building Surveying Technicians
  • Commercial Property Surveying Technicians
  • Residential Property Surveying Technicians
  • Land Surveying Technicians (including rural, minerals and waste management and planning and development)
  • Valuation Surveying Technicians
  • Consultant (Professional) Quantity Surveying Technicians
  • Consultant (Professional) Project Management Technicians 

The main duties and tasks of a Surveying Technician are:

  • To collect information from inspections or visits to buildings, land, and construction sites
  • To take appropriate measurements of buildings, land, or plans
  • To meet with other professionals, clients, customers, and others to obtain and provide information relating to land, property, or construction
  • To collect and record data relating to land, buildings, or construction for technical use
  • To manage work tasks relating to the area of practice
  • To undertake costings and/or measurements and/or valuations using data collected from research
  • To ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others

Additional information

Skills & knowledge the apprentice will develop

The learner will be trained in all aspects of surveying such as:  

  • Law
  • Data Collection
  • Economics
  • Construction Technology
  • Surveying
  • Sustainability

Entry Requirements

Empty section. Edit page to add content here.

How will I learn & what qualifications will I gain?

  • Surveying Technician Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace  
  • Level 3 Diploma in Surveying – Day Release or Remote Delivery  
  • Specialist Training Programme Blocks of your choice 
  • End Point Assessment – Portfolio of Evidence, a case study and work experience report 

Duration of the Apprenticeship

30 months

Start Date:
Anytime – Roll on, roll off

Professional Recognition and Career Progression

The apprenticeship will provide the necessary knowledge skills and behaviours for successful apprentices to become Associate members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

How much will it cost and incentives

The full cost of this apprenticeship is £9,000.

Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into the account.

Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £450 (Payment Plans are available). 

  If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:

  • 16 to 18
  • 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority

Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice

Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.

Applications close 15 May 2022.

Entry Requirements

Empty section. Edit page to add content here.

Entry Requirements

5 GCSEs at grade A-C/4-9 including English & Maths

We have much planned for the future, working with great clients and continued development. Keep checking back for more details.

Copyright © 2021 T3 Training

Powered by The Marketing Hub Limited 

Privacy Policy        Terms

Environmental Policy

Product Enquiry