CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN LEVEL 3 (ST0091)
This occupation is found in the construction and engineering sectors, with civil engineering technicians employed in a variety of organisation types and sizes. Civil engineering technicians will typically work for:
- Clients, for whom construction projects are carried out, with technicians supporting with the preparation and production of civil engineering information, project plans and resourcing, for consultants and contractors
- Consultancies, typically appointed by the client, to design, prepare or modify civil engineering designs, with technicians supporting the planning, design, coordination, management and monitoring of civil engineering projects, often in the pre-build phase, providing information for the client and contractor
- Contractors, typically appointed by the client, to coordinate the construction phase of a civil engineering project, with technicians supporting the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the build phase of civil engineering projects, complying with and providing information on the directions provided by the client or consultant
Civil engineering technicians support in the design, creation and connecting up of the world around us, making the villages, towns and cities work for the people that live in them, and are playing an ever-increasing role in safeguarding and improving the environment into our future.
The learner will be trained in all aspects of civil engineering such as:
- Project management
- Engineering techniques
- Design and construction processes
- Civil Engineering Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours – assessed in the workplace
- Level 3 BTEC in CBE Civil Engineering – Day Release or Remote Delivery
- Specialist Training Programme Blocks of your choice
- End Point Assessment -Presentation and questioning on a project brief and a written report and structured interview
Anytime – Roll on, roll off
This standard aligns with the following professional recognition:
- Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Technician
- Chartered Institute of Highways & Transportation (CIHT) for Engineering Technician
- Institute of Highways Engineers (IHE) for Engineering Technician
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) for Engineering Technician
The maximum value of this apprenticeship is £14,000.
Levy Paying Employers: Full amount will be covered via your contributions into your account.
Non-Levy Paying Employers: You pay just 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship with the Government funding the remaining 95%. Therefore, the maximum cost incurred would be £700 (Payment Plans are available).
If you employ fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum and pay a grant of £1000 for apprentices aged:
- 16 to 18
- 19 to 24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority
Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice
Employers can apply for a payment of £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022. These apprentices must also have an apprenticeship start date of 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applications close 15 May 2022.